10 fundamental ways to promote your website
Website promotion is necessary to make your website visible to your targeted audience. It is used to maintain existing customers and increase the number of new customers to your website.
Here are some strategies to promote your website to achieve the targeted traffic and make more revenue.
- Create more than one domain name (URL address) for your website; it should contains keywords related to your business and services. Use short and catchy domain names.
- Use your website address on everything you print; for example, news letters, business cards, letterheads, brochures, email signature etc. This is one of the easiest ways to make your website familiar among people.
- Write press releases about your website, launching of products and services, and submit them to a press release distribution services, your clients, friends and associates etc. When you update your website, don’t forget to update the press release accordingly.
- Create an obvious site map for your website. It makes it easier for a user to find information on a site without having to navigate through the sites of many pages. It also makes it easy for the search engine spider to find every page on your site.
- Build links on your website, because linking is one of the most important strategies to increase potential customers. Try to post your website link on any other sites, because it acts like an advertisement and helps visitors move toward your site through it.
- Write an article about your business and services, and post them to your website. Regularly add new content to your site.
- Try to add an online survey option to your site because it is useful to know what kind of information and additional content your visitors would like.
- Create online chat and forums on your website. It could build relationships and communities, among the site visitors.
- The most important thing is to submit your website to website directories. This will allow you to increase your web presence by being listed on other search engines.
- Test your site thoroughly, and make sure your website links work before you launch the site.