Points to remember while selecting a webhosting company
A webhosting company offers space for your web site on their web server to let people all over the world to view your site on the Internet. We have compiled some of the importance points that you should keep in mind while selecting a web hosting company.
1. The storage space and data transfer rate plays a major role in the selection of web hosting company. It depends on the type and size of your site. If your site is expected to grow, go for a company that offers the option to increase your basic package.
2. Go for a company that offers 99.9% of uptime, only then can you make your site available for user access all the time.
3. Most hosting companies offer 24/7 technical support without additional cost. Make sure you check this by sending mails at various times, and checking the response time. A good company should reply within 24 hours.
4. You should get email accounts and FTP access for your domain, for uploading files to your server in future.
5. Check whether a hosting company offers all the software and features that are the prerequisites for your sites.
6. Don’t settle for company that offers services at lowest costs. Many times, they may not be up to the mark. It doesn’t mean however, that you should choose only the costliest service available. Select a company that offers required service at reasonable rates.
7. Once you select a company, make sure you do your research on it and go through various user reviews based on experience.