Tips for everyone during online chatting!
Gone are the days when the only way to communicate with people sitting far away was letters. In the modern world, everyone shares information with people through communication means such as phones and the internet. With the internet available to a very large section of the global society, and that too at very reasonable costs, online chatting is now a preferred mode of communication. It’s possible to chat with anyone sitting in any corner of the world, as long as they are online the same time as you are.
Although online chatting is a means of socializing and getting to know people all over the world, there are security issues related to it. Certain basic safety precautions need to be followed to make sure that chatting is a pleasant experience.
Safety precautions include:
- Make sure your screen name never includes your genuine name.
- Don’t share your videos and photos with unknown people.
- Don’t reveal personal information to people you don’t know and protect your personal identity.
- If you receive messages that make you feel uncomfortable, don’t respond to them and try to avoid chatting with that specific person; blocking the user is a good option.
- Don’t organize to meet up with your new chat friends. If necessary, meet up in busy place and make sure you’ve informed friends or family about where you’re going.
- If you receive any unexpected files from people you don’t know, don’t accept or download the files as they could carry viruses and completely ruin your system.
- Saving copies of your chat conversations is a good idea, in case you need to use them in future.
- You must know how to report the problems to the chat room moderator.
Follow these simple precautions and make sure that chatting online is an enjoyable experience for you, and not something that could get you into any kind of trouble.